The Emotional Driver: A Letter to God

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Letter to God

Dear God,


I'm down on my knees.  I'm even begging you.  Hear my prayer.
Give to me the things that I love
Give to me someone that understands me
Give to me happiness and joy
Give to me blessings on my life
Give to me a well earned income
Give to me a wife and a son
Give to me these things I ask for
Give to me that woman I long for
Give to me that special feeling of validation from my peers
Give to me cars and homes that will impress
Give to me Give to me Give to me
I will humbly do your bidding
I will attend church regularly
I will follow your commandants
I will promise to be good and think of you often

Amen


RETURNED TO SENDER

Dear Sender,
This letter is being returned to you.  I believe you have addressed your correspondence to the wrong party.  For I can only give you My Will.  I cannot give you anything else.  I have forwarded your letter on to Santa.  He is much better situated to handle your "wish list."

Signed,

God

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well... God does give His will...but when you delight yourself in the Lord...He will give you the desires of your heart.

Another nice poem by the way

Maxine Beneba Clarke said...

I was thinking 'What The Fu--?' Then I read the RTS reply. Too cheeky!

Anonymous said...

superb idea and great read.

i should print this "rejection" letter and hang it on my wall...