The Emotional Driver: Obsession #5

Monday, November 23, 2009

Obsession #5

Damn is that my belly pooching out?
Or is it that my sides are getting slim?
Is that pot and pan nice and clean?
Or do I need to scrub it again?

Have I washed my hands til they are bleeding and raw
And picked at every hang nail
Have I edited and re-edited and edited the rewrites
Until all creation is gone

Are the tops of my door frames free from dust?
Are the shoes lined up neatly in my closet?
Are the towels folded all neat and proper?
Are there military corners on my bed?

I can try to control every part of my existence
By micro managing these inessential components
I can fret and fuck and fall out if touch
Of the important things that matter

It is funny how much I attempt to control
Every aspect, every facet of life
However I find it quite amazing
How much of it runs without my involvement

For maybe by letting go just a little more each day
I'll have less stress more focus more patience
And obsesses less and less is definitely more
More time to give to who I really am

A comfortable accepting kind hearted soul
Where obsession is just a store bought scent

No comments: