The Emotional Driver: Close the Door

Monday, August 31, 2009

Close the Door


No red light flashing, no message on my phone
You got to be stubborn, my place I’ve shown
I’m working out a problem, I’ll find out why
But you’re part of the problem, I’m an honest guy

Maybe when you’re older, if I’m still around
Older and wiser, if I don’t get down
We can be together, share all the weight
Send our luggage on a long trip, we can spilt the rate

I need to spend some time, get my head on straight
Losing my best friend, don’t feel to great
We got two different problems, no solution in sight
We need to find our answers, we don’t need to fight

No sense in resentment, no conditions on my love
We need some distance, don’t need to push and shove
We need some time away, appreciate and grow
No better reason, needed, to close the door

No comments: