The Emotional Driver: Friendship Kinship

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Friendship Kinship

I told you my liabilities right up front
I lean too heavy on people at times
I look for things to support my soul
I rely on others to fill a hole

The good things about me are easy to see
Well maybe for you but its hard for me
Who the hell cares how loving I am
That's as obvious as the pants I'm in

Who takes the time to know and embrace the bad
Understand and be aware of the weak kneed man
And love even those dark aged spots
Of my character

Its easy loving the good it takes very little effort
But accepting the whole package that's where love is
Remaining constant as I sink low
Telling me I'm not my thoughts I'm not my sin

Pushing back as I lean too much
But never loosing contact with my heart
Always loving everything residing in me
Giving us a chance to let things just be.

No comments: