The Emotional Driver: Drive on the Drink Home

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Drive on the Drink Home

Drive on the drink home?
No, not a slip of the tongue
More like truth in the stating
Of what really is going on

Have a little dinner with your wine?
Whoops, did I miss-speak again?
No, I think you really stated
What truly is on your mind

Would you like an appetizer before starting your cocktail?
Damn, there I go again
Where is my mind today?
Am I obsessing again!?

How about a headache to go with your aspirin?
Or maybe some vomit to accompany your hangover?
Oh, I know! A reason to go with your excuse
For your overindulgence of booze

One two three, someone take care of me
Four five six, a pitiful request
Seven eight nine, an example that is prime
Ten eleven twelve, an eternity in hell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, reminds me of the White Stipes 'Effect & Cause', 'you can't blame the baby for it's pregnant mother...'