The Emotional Driver: Mending Bridges

Monday, October 19, 2009

Mending Bridges

Mending bridges that I've burned
Trying somehow to discern
The aching lonely pain
Wanting to be washed in rain

Putting solutions into place
Trying not to act in haste
While putting problems to rest
Wanting only to do my best

Writing poetry on the wall
Discussing life before the fall
Wanting to pass this important test
Having all my sins confessed

Climbing mountains in front of me
At the top I look down on the valley
Looking in the distant sun
Of other mountains yet to come

As I act on all I've learned
And cross over bridges burned
I am quite happy to report
I didn't cut my life too short

1 comment:

Mark William Jackson said...

I like the 'wanting to pass this important test, having all my sins confessed.'

I like a lot of your work but I notice most is in rhyming couplets, I understand as a musician that this rhythm naturally bounces as you write and think of music to accompany the words. Have you tried much free verse, this opens up an infinite amount of possibilities.