The Emotional Driver: Free from Boxes

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Free from Boxes

I cannot fit into a box
Nor a cage like a pet

The person I am needs freedom
And open space around

No chains of commitment
Can persuade my trust

Like a Barbie in a cage
Swinging from her trapeze
A diorama of our relationship
Displayed inertly in situ

A stripped uniform
With significant numbering
Shadows of vertical lines
Lining the stairs of my forehead

A chalk outline of where I once laid
Yellow tape around the scene
Famed photographs framing me
Defaming me unchanging me

Last time I saw your face
It was in a photograph
Last time I saw your heart
It was flying high

No habitat keeps loves wild heart safely displayed
For anyone to enjoy it, it must be experienced


If a static show is what is desired
Why fool about with acceptance
If what is desired is only two dimensional
Take a picture, it will last longer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Free from boxes, free from form, rhyme and meter. True to Coleridge: the best words in the best order.