The Emotional Driver: Aged

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Aged

I still feel like a child at times
Wonder if my father felt this way when he was my age
Though I doubt it for he had much responsibility
A wife three kids a mortgage and a business

A real grown up situation nothing like mine
I seem very immature to my remaining siblings
They have followed in family steps
I may just be free in spirit I may be free from stress

My brother, like my father, raises a fine family
Even raised a son for me
My sister has a beautiful boy
Too bad he far outlived his mother

Even with a name like white
I feel like a sheep that's black
Lacking social expectations met
I'm a dreamer an addict addicted to life

So maybe forty is the fab new twenty
There is plenty of opportunity left
For the older I get
The older older gets

So shuck off the past and family condition
I'm sailing in my own direction
A beating drum on a savage breast
Calm me now with music and rest

No comments: