The Emotional Driver: Airports and Red Eyes

Friday, January 8, 2010

Airports and Red Eyes

Airports. Sitting always waiting
Late late night flying no security lines
Carry on bags minimally checked
I could "tweeze" the crew and take over the flight.

It's New Years already where I'm going
A few more hours until it reaches here
Sitting on a runway tarmac
Well much better than last year

Strange but the news seems always bad
And its in airports that I only chance to watch
I mean there are televisions everywhere
What the hell. how about a cartoon instead

For the last three weeks I've fought off a cold
Tried to keep good care of me
Not looking forward to six hours
Of recycled prana breath of life

So they call it the red eye and I do see why
Because I've been awake for over one day
Tired and leaky and red rimmed eyes
Await the arrest of this journey

On the other coast just east of here
Will be who knows what, no expectations
But get me out of this automated environment
And let me be free from here

Airports and red eyes
Holidays and flying
New sights certain to see
And home again much refreshed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, love airports, stale and sterile. They are the best places to people watch, see the stress that is caused by handing over all control to people who rifle through your bags, to the hostess who tells you what you're having for dinner or the weather conditions that dictate where you will be at a certain point in time. Have you read my 'At the Airport'? http://markwilliamjackson.com/2009/10/30/at-the-airport/