The Emotional Driver: Blind Leading the Blind

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blind Leading the Blind

Darkness its all I see
At times like this
Only shadows and unlimmed corners
Hardly aware of my senses

Leading people like a lemming
I hope not
For the fall from the cliff
Is like a fall from grace

My back bends as my heart beats
And I struggle to offer up a path
Some look to me for the answers
And with a confident voice I state

Assuredly follow my lead I'll show you
And begin on a trail
But as I look inward
With doubt and confidence not

My fears take reign and steer a false course
I seem to draw near the edge
Where is the light that can guide
The darkness is like an arctic day

Of doubt and dismay disturbing my strength
Is failure imminent?  Will it be permanent?
Will it be heaven sent?  Will I make the rent?
Is the blind leading the blind?

No comments: