The Emotional Driver: What Do I Miss Most

Saturday, January 9, 2010

What Do I Miss Most

Long good morning stretches
Chairman Meow
PST the BST

Sidewalk smiles
Organic Soy
Good golly Miss Molly

A bed full of pillows
A bunch of cheery fellows
A back rub a bath tub

Mellvilles legacy
Steam coming off the lake
Friends, writing pens

Sunsets on my left
Overnight sleepovers
Late dinners absent benders

Friends that truly care
Kids and students who know my name
Seattle trips bending hips

A long time since I've seen my home
Even though I've not been lonely
I've been alone on this coast

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cool Danny, a nice list, really drives home the loneliness of the business traveller. Hey, I just remembered this song while thinking about horrible travels, check out the lyrics, it's by Paul Kelly one of Austraia's greatest poet / songwriters. http://www.lyrics007.com/Paul%20Kelly%20Lyrics/Every%20Fucking%20City%20Lyrics.html