The Emotional Driver: Desires not Necessities

Friday, September 11, 2009

Desires not Necessities

Desire addiction adherence clutching
What changes what rearranges what passes through light
Denial denouncement a dowry on your soul
Reproach adjustment enlightenment law
Lacking a foundry tasting a torrid emotional pull

Validity accrued claiming to be shrewd
Build on my foundation with your brick and mortar
Lift up my walls and nail my timber
Find me a coat when I'm cold and I shiver



Please carry for me a hundred pound pack
Full of my needs and everything I lack
I give it to you cause no power have I
To determine the my own worth and opinions on life

Desires and wants needs to be met
Failed expectations and building resentment
Into your hands I place my value
You ask though what will happen when I fail you?

For you allowing me to rule over your life
To bring you joy and free you from strife
To make it my job to bring you joy -- quite a trick
What happens though when I call in sick?

All that we need is given to us
It comes from within that is a must
To be your own best friend and like what you see
Is so much clearer when you like the face in the mirror

No comments: