The Emotional Driver: Profane

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Profane

TEDCast Profane

I'm a dirty old son of a bitch
I got desires you can itch
I play with fire and sometimes burn
Bridges boundaries and my arm

I may make you quite uncomfortable
I have opinions unsupportable
I alienate with language profane
And call attention with actions so vain

It's me first, me second, me all the time
When thinking of you I may as well be blind
What only matters is that I finish first
I could care less how much your soul thirsts

I look, I flirt, I stare on with lust
I act on my impulses I easily break trusts
Nobody matters when I'm on my game
I'm unstoppable like a loaded freight train

My eyes do wander and fall on hard bodies
A disease, its true, with no antibodies
Indulging in my favorite sin
Coveting what belongs to him

I could take what is offered to me
And sleep at night like a well-nurtured baby
My conscience is free from faults and fuss
My habits are brazen and language is brusque

Yes, a dirty old son of a bitch
I'll sing my own song with perfect pitch
So even with thoughts and actions profane
I'm really quite lovable and far from mundane

2 comments:

Maxine said...

Would really love to know how you deliver this - is it fast-paced, reeled-off rap? Please tell me that's how you'd read it. I can't imagine it any other way. Dig your blog.

The Emotional Driver said...

Maxine, I thought it would be delivered as a nice romantic delivery in sort of 12/8 or waltz feel! LOL, Just kidding. Yes, fast paced and slightly manic, hmm kind of like me. I've started following your blog and will enjoy keeping in touch.