The Emotional Driver: The Strong Can Be

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Strong Can Be

I’ve been walking for a hundred days
Seen fire in the sky and people die
Got a hunger and an awful thirst
When the hot wind blows it takes its toll on me

I hear the distant howls when the coyotes prowl
Searching for their daily meat
I scarcely breath I scarcely breath
I wonder if they are searching for me
Only the strong will survive, the strong will survive

I’ve been looking for the secret of life
I’ve prayed on my knees and turned over leaves
I’ve been the early bird waiting for the worm
Early to bed, early to rise; healthy, wealthy, and wise

I’ve been the prodigal son, my body I’ve sold
Looking for an easy ride, I’ve easily lied, easily lied
I wonder what will happen to me
At the end of my life, at the end of my life

I’ve been looking for someone to commit
They either run away or play their games
I’ve got a need and a loving way
A desire for touch I could never have too much

I’m patient but I’m anxious and warm
There’s a fire inside I can’t deny
Consuming all my energies
I’m begging God please, begging God please
Put an end to this misery
I give you my life, give you my life

I’ve been lost for the last few days
I’ve doubted my mind, I’ve fallen behind
I’ve tried to make a great escape
Fallen to vices risks and high prices

I’ve only made my insides bleed
I’ve started old habits – HEY! Do you have it?
Can you get me what I need
Do I know what I need, do I know what I need?
I wonder what will make me complete
The strong can be, only the strong can be

No comments: