The Emotional Driver: Licking Liquor

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Licking Liquor

TED Cast of Licking Liquor

Lately I am thinking that I'm drinking way too much
I hoping that it's just a phase I'm going through
I'm betting that I'm vetting on a brand new clue
Some simple savvy insight on a suicidal life

Oh, why am I thinking both day and night?
All about drinking everything thing in sight?
If I lie awake and fight off sleep
Then I won't have drunk dreams
That lately have been haunting me

I am serious that complete changes are needed in me
If I want a life that I can be
Living in the moment, not pouring out the past
Or living in a future state of mind
Poor me, poor me, pour me another drink!

I need a new direction, I'm making a decision
I'm dancing on the wreckage of my prior life
I'm ending this relation, I'm bowing out on benders
No longer am I checking into treatment centers

I've tasted one last beer, I've thrown up one last time
No more waking up, in beds that are not mine
Who is that woman lying next to me?
Who what where and why did I do last night?

I needed a reporter to report back on me
I needed a transcription of my activities
Recollection always hazy, my madness more than crazy
Dreadful always thinking: "What'd I do last night?"

Although I may have thought I had a great time
Never could I understand my journal lines
Drunk dialing, tipsy texting, crying jags
Couldn't understand, why no one would want, to be around me
Boo ho, boo hoo, boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo!

I've spent lots of money, may have turned to crime
If I continued down that line
Criminal behavior were showing their signs
I no longer visit, the liquor and wine store!


(Slow Broadway)
No more glass bottles in my trash
No more relationships that I have trashed
No more hangovers that have kicked my ass
I've licked liquor where liquor once licked me....

I've gone on my last
Yes I've gone on my last
I've gone on my last drinking spree!

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Love it... want to hear the music...