The Emotional Driver: It's Ok

Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Ok

A Song

It's ok if you want to remain friends
It's ok if you want to make amends
It's ok if you want to justify your needs
It's ok to make my heart bleed

It's ok if you want to make love to me
It's ok if you say that I meet your needs
It's ok if I sanctify your soul
It's ok if I move into your world

If you want to remain my friend
Just ask maybe we can begin
But don't show surprise if I never say please
And thank you for touching me when you're down on your knees

Cause, it's ok if bridges I do burn
And it's ok can if lessons I don't learn
For it's ok if I make love with greed
And turn elsewhere to satisfy my needs

It's ok if you run away from me
It's ok if you cannot be friends
It's ok if you want to shut the door
It's ok, it's ok if you don't want any more

It's ok if we never talk again
It's ok if we cannot mend
It's ok that we've both moved on
Loves currency has been overdrawn

Yes it is tragic that not everyone we can save
Not all relations can be conducive
But even resentments keep you close to me
It's ok, it's ok you've made my heart bleed
It's ok, it's ok you've made my heart bleed
It's ok, it's ok you took some love out of me

No comments: